Okuno & Partners
Okuno & Partners is a medium-sized full service law firm based in Tokyo and one of the top 30 law firms out of more than 13,000 law firms in Japan. Okuno joined LAWorld in 2013.
The firm was established by Hikoroku Okuno, a former Chairman of the Tokyo Bar Association in 1924, and today has 36 lawyers, including two ex-judges, one former prosecutor and two lawyers from government regulatory authority and provides a full range of legal service in all areas of law.
Okuno & Partners won the Asian Legal Business (ALB) Law Awards for high-quality service to clients for two consecutive years (2011 and 2012). Their international practice comprises lawyers with vast experience and expertise in cross-border transactions and international dispute resolution and they focus on supporting clients involved in cross-border business across a broad range of legal practice areas including:
• Business restructuring by prívate procedures
• Business restructuring based on prívate proceedings using procedures specified in the Companies Act (company splits, business transfers, special liquidations, etc.)
• Business restructuring based on procedures such as the Private Liquidation Guideline, Turnaround ADR, Resolution and Collection Corporation (RCC), Small and Medium Sized Company Revitalization Support Council, etc.
• Business restructuring based on legal procedures, corporate reorganization, civil rehabilitation, special conciliation, etc.
• Liquidation-type legal bankruptcy procedures (bankruptcy, special liquidation, ordinary liquidation)
• Legal advice for financial institutions (creditors) in business restructuring cases and bankruptcy cases
• Corporate reorganization trustee, Bankruptcy trustee / Civil rehabilitation supervisor
• Corporate reorganization including M&A transactions
• Compliance and risk management
• Legal advice on general shareholders meetings, board of directors meetings, formulation of company regulations
• Labor Law
• Civil Dispute Resolution (litigations, arbitrations, settlement negotiations
• Intellectual Property Rights
• Competition law
• Legal services for individual clients
• Educational and social contribution activities etc
We act on behalf of national and international corporations and foreign corporations doing business in Japan and our lawyers speak Japanese and English.
LawyersMain tel:+81 3 327 43805
Main fax:+81 3 327 22245