The international legal network
Thank you for your interest in LAWorld. The application process can take between 4-8 weeks and the procedure for joining is as follows:
- Once you have read the Membership Application Documents and wish to initiate an application for membership, please complete and return the LAWorld Application Form to us. There is no cost or obligation at this stage.
- Upon receipt of this application form at our Executive Office it is circulated to the LAWorld Committee and the Chair, who are Principal Partners of LAWorld member firms. There is one Committee member for each LAWorld region – Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America. Our current Chair is Steve Ng, Managing Partner of Ng & Shum, with offices in Hong Kong and mainland China.
- The Committee will decide if they have any questions at this stage or if references are to be taken. If so, the Executive Director, Mrs Jacqui Nash, will email you to seek permission to approach the independent references you have provided in your application form.
- If you have been referred to us by another LAWorld member, we will take a reference from them.
- After the references have been reviewed by the Committee, it will decide if your application should be recommended to the entire membership. If so, your application will be circulated to our membership with a deadline for their comments.
- The decision of the members is notified a couple of weeks later.
- We will keep in regular contact with you during the application process