The international legal network
Benefits of Membership
LAWorld is a dynamic, modern and technically efficient international legal network. Our members tell us that the benefits of membership are:
- The immediate advantage of being internationally connected - with fast access to expert cost effective legal advice anywhere in the world. Your clients will be favourably impressed by the international capabilities you can now offer.
- The opportunity to receive and make referrals to and from responsive lawyers that you meet and get to know as colleagues, who are bound together by a quality code of practice.
- Our 55 members are currently located in the following 43 countries: Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and United States of America. If LAWorld does not have a member in a jurisdiction that is important to you, it is likely that at least one of our members will be able to recommend a suitable local lawfirm.
- The unique advantage of access to all the principal commercial centres of China because of our close alliance with the Yangtzejiang Legal Network (YLN), which has 25 Chinese members.
- The use of the LAWorld logo and brand to increase your profile with your clients
- Annual and regional meetings to discuss issues of common interest, to enhance your international business connections and initiate sound marketing and practice development ideas within a non-competitive legal environment. In recent years the Annual Conference has rotated in member cities around the world: 2009 Miami, 2010 Moscow, 2011 Beijing, 2012 Rio de Janeiro, 2013 Zurich and in 2014 will be in Hong Kong between 22-24 April 2014. Members connect several times a year: at the annual conference, regional meetings, at the annual International Bar Association conferences and via telephone conferences.
- Membership of LAWorld is useful in helping to attract and retain high quality staff, as employee exchanges can be arranged with other LAWorld law firms around the globe.
- An established Code of Practice adopted by all member firms Support of an English speaking administrative and marketing Executive Office with contacts around the world
- Benefit from inclusion in a modern and technically sophisticated website with a website optimisation programme which has given LAWorld a 1st page Google position for "international legal networks".
- Participation in marketing and business development initiatives including:
- A website that provides an international legal profile for your firm
- introductions to referrer business organizations during each annual conference
- mutual education and support at conference with talks about local legal/business topics; practice development and marketing topics.
- LAWorld marketing material including website entry, newsletters, inclusion in the Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory, HG Org etc
- Business and Marketing Plan with several new initiatives to support our members
- Internal member news bulletins - keeping you in contact with members regularly
- English editing services for articles, websites etc.
- A younger lawyers initiative, launched in November 2013, which encourages the more junior lawyers in your firm to become actively involved in developing social and business relationships with other younger lawyers from around the world.