The third edition of a book called “Law and Practice of Islamic Banking and Finance” is available now. One of the authors, all experienced law practitioners of Shariah and common law, is Mohamed Ridza, the LAWorld member from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The new book provides a detailed analysis of Islamic financial products, Islamic trade finance and the practical applications of Islamic banking and finance in Malaysia. This book also gives due coverage on the legal framework of Takaful and the legal aspects of Islamic electronic banking. A chapter is devoted to the functioning of Labuan as an Islamic international offshore financial centre. In this edition, new chapters have been added to address the important areas of Sukuk and Shariah governance framework.
* Authoritative content developed over successive editions.
* Fully up-to-date taking into account recent case law and statutory developments, including the Islamic Financial Services Act 2013 and the Financial Services Act 2013.
* Sample agreements.
* Content prepared by learned authors and practitioners who are experienced and well conversant with Shariah and common law.
* The Islamic financial system in Malaysia
* Islamic financial products: history and concept
* Legal framework of Islamic banking
* Legal framework of Islamic capital market
* Sukuk structures
* Islamic trade finance
* Practical applications of Islamic banking and finance
* Legal framework of takaful
* Legal aspects of electronic Islamic banking
* Labuan as an Islamic international business and financial centre
* Global phenomenon of Islamic banking
* Shariah governance framework
For more information on the book and any aspect of Shariah and common law and Islamic banking and finance procedures, please contact Mohamed Ridza on firstname.lastname@example.org